CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

January 23, 2009

Banned Books Challenge

this is my list for the banned books challenge 2009 :]

1)Lolita--Vladimir Nabokov
2)Animal Farm--George Orwell
3)Brave New World--Aldous Huxley
4)Catcher in the Rye-- J.D. Salinger
5)Fahrenheit 451-- Ray Bradbury
6)Lord of the Flies-- William Golding
7)Catch-22-- Joseph Heller
8)The Color Purple--Alice Walker
9)A Farewell to Arms -- Ernest Hemingway
10)Slaughter-House 5-- Kurt Vonnegut
11)To Kill a Mockingbird-- Harper Lee
12)One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest--Ken Kesey

so yeah.. i'm quite excited for this challenge:] i think banning books is absolutely ridiculous because i've read many books in the past that have been banned and they're usually absolutely amazing

5 comments:

Laina said...

I have a really long list that I'm going to read some of for Freedom to Read (Canada's banned book week). I agree, banning books is ridiculous.

I loooooved To Kill a Mockingbird, but I didn't like Lord of the Flies (it was creepy to me) so I'll be interested in your reviews. :)

Laina

Just Listen said...

Nivce list, looking forward to the reviews! Your blog is looking really pretty as well. :) Do you want to do a link exchange?

Amy said...

i've read a couple of those, and some of those are on my tbr list too. (lolita looks especially interesting)...and brave new world too!

Jared Caraway said...

I should warn you that Slaughterhouse Five is a fairly confounding read...not bad, but definitely not a leisurely sort of page-turner.

Rebecca said...

Great list, Animal Farm and Lord of the Flies are really good reads. I've been meaning to read Lolita and Brave New World but haven't gotten around to it yet.